A charitable gift annuity with Children’s National Hospital is a gift that gives back. It is the simplest and most affordable way to improve children’s health while receiving tax-favorable, stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction.
How it Works
- When you irrevocably donate $10,000 or more in cash, securities or other property to Children’s National, we make fixed payments to you or up to two people for life.
- You must be age 65 or older to receive payments immediately or defer payments a year or more.
- You may choose when your payments begin, for yourself or a loved one for their lifetime. The older you are when payments start, the higher the payment rate (as high as 9.7%). Your rate will never change, regardless of the market, economy, or interest rates.
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction in the year you make your gift.
- You can save on capital gains tax if you use appreciated stocks or mutual funds to make your gift.
- Your payments become one of our general obligations, fully backed by our assets.
If you are ready to establish a Children’s National Gift Annuity, please complete a CGA application form. Mail it to us at:
Children's National Hospital Foundation
Attention: Tamara Sperling
1 Inventa Place, 6th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Note: Children’s National offers annuities to residents of Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C., as well as a few other states. Please contact us to learn if we offer annuities in your state of residence.
Tax ID: 52-1640402
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor to determine what is best for your personal circumstances.